In 1935, Tokyo Denki Kagaku Kogyo K.K. was established in Tamura-cho, Shiba-ku, Tokyo City to commercialise production of the world’s first ferrite cores, based on the ferrite patent by Dr. Kato and Dr. Takei. In the 1960 and 1970s, this ferrite technology led to the development of TDK’s tape and video cassettes which made us a household name across the world.
In 2005 TDK acquired Lambda and our TDK-Lambda power supplies became part of the TDK Power Systems Business Group.
Learn about TDK’s history and achievements here: https://www.tdk.com/corp/en/about_tdk/our_history/index.htm